Drop everything you’re doing and listen to these hits immediately.
By Ryan Snider, Staff Writer
So, music is awesome, and I love listening to it. I listen to all types of stuff, and I decided some songs were too good not to share. So, I threw together a list of songs (in no particular order) from a bunch of different genres that are awesome, and you should listen to them right now.
- Land of 1000 Dances – The Walker Brothers (‘60s pop)
This song is so groovy; it makes you want to get up and shake your body. It’s impossible to leave listening to it without humming it. Try it; I dare you!
- I Don’t Want to Talk – Wallows (Alternative Rock)
It has whistling, harmonicas, and drums. Yet, it still manages to be a hype rock song that feels straight out of a coming-of-age movie!
- Monster Mash – Bobby “Borris” Picket (‘60s Pop)
If you’ve played “Just Dance 2”, then you already know what’s up. This song is an ultimate bop about monsters. What more could you want?
- Holly Holy – Neil Diamond (Folk)
Chances are, you’ve heard the legendary song, “Sweet Caroline”. This is by the same artist and has the same sing-ability. It’s so beautiful.
- In The Summer – Henry Miller (Indie)
It’s short, sweet and catchy. It makes you feel like walking down the street whistling with your hands in your pockets.
- And We Danced – The Hooters (Classic Rock)
Picture this, you’re in an ’80s coming-of-age movie, and your crush just asked you to dance with them at the school dance. So you two let loose and just dance without a care in the world. Yeah, that’s this song.
- Baby Let Me Take You (In My Arms) – The Detroit Emeralds (R&B/Soul)
This song is so smooth, I slipped and fell on the floor trying to type this.
- A Love Song – Anne Murray (Easy-listening)
This song is so peaceful and beautiful; it makes you wanna cry and smile at the same time.
- That Power – Childish Gambino (Hip-Hop/Rap)
If you have seven minutes and 42 seconds to spare, you won’t regret listening to this. It’s a heartfelt story that leaves you feeling like you experienced something both incredibly sad and beautiful. Definitely worth the listen.
- Seven Seas of Rhye – Queen (Rock)
- With such an iconic piano opening, you already know it’s gonna be a certified banger.
- From Eden – Hozier (Alternative/Indie)
A deeply emotional song that tugs at your heartstrings and is hard to not listen to on repeat.
- Here Comes the Rain Again – Eurythmics (Pop/Rock)
Four words. The ’80s were awesome.
- The Boxer – Simon & Garfunkel (Folk)
While yes, this is something your dad would put on the radio during the family road trip, it’s still an amazing song! The chorus’ haunting riff and snare drum is enough to make anyone get chills.
- Run the World!!! – Dayglow (Indie)
A fun energetic song that’s so much fun to listen to! It’s hype, happy, and all-around awesome.