Easy fall recipes especially for college students
By Hannah Taylor, Staff Writer
The fall season is in full swing! Along with the weather and leaves changing, this season comes with all the great flavors of fall. There’s nothing like a good home cooked fall treat, but as a college student, that might seem like a far off luxury here on campus. It can be harder to get the tastes of fall, and in a stressful semester, they are needed more than ever. Here are two easy fall recipes you can make so that those great homemade tastes of the fall season can come right to your dorm!
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal: Great to make on those colder mornings for breakfast before class as a way to spice up your regular bowl of oatmeal.
1/2 banana, mashed
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. maple syrup
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp walnuts (optional)
- Stir together and microwave for 2-3 minutes
Pumpkin Pie in a Mug: A simple, single serve alternative to a seasonal classic.
2 graham crackers
⅓ cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 pinch of salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crush up graham crackers and put in the bottom of the mug.
- Mix together the other ingredients in a bowl and then pour into the mug on top of the graham crackers.
- Microwave for 1 1/2-2minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.