Rebecca Smith is the new resident director of Livingston Hall.
1. Where did you go to school and what did you major in?
Bethel University (Minneapolis, MN) – Bachelor of Arts in Relational Communication;
Geneva College (Beaver Falls, PA) – Master of Arts in Higher Education
2. How did you find out about the open resident director job?
The same day I saw the posting on the ACSD website, Jesse Brown emailed me and reached out to me about the position.
3. What’s been the hardest part about transitioning into that role?
Even though I love it here, I still miss my family in Minnesota, especially my niece (age 8) and three nephews (ages 3 months, 3 years and 5 years)! (Thank goodness HU has a lake!)
4. How have the resident assistants made the transition smoother?
They are just incredible. They answer my HU culture questions, they are very forgiving of my mistakes, and they are just a joy to be around.
5. What is the one thing your residents should know about you?
I want them to come over to my apartment and hang out! It’s one of my favorite things.
6. Any final comments?
I want to thank everyone who has helped my transition go so smoothly. I love HU, and I’m so blessed to be able to live and work here.